If you have had any doubts or misgivings about the incredible health benefits and physical advantages associated with frequent golf outings, take a brief moment to peruse the edifying facts and figures shown below:
- Boost Heart Health: If you skip the golf cart and instead decide to tote your clubs from hole to hole, it’s important to note that your average heart rate will likely exceed 100 BPM, which is notably higher than the 60-80 BPM achieved during a typical walk. So even if you aren’t sweating or labouring all that much, you’ll still be able to reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes or suffering a stroke, particularly if you hit the links at least once a
- Reinforce Mental Health: Based on recent studies, the unique combination of forced concentration and constant critical thinking required in golf encourages increased brainwave activity and bolsters the brain’s natural memory circuits, especially during semi-competitive match play with friends or family members.
- Deeper Sleep: We all know that it’s easier to sleep after a physically draining day, but it’s important to note that a prolonged golf outing blends natural settings, sunlight, and fresh air with physical exertion, which causes your body to produce copious amounts of serotonin and melatonin once you settle in for the night. Such amounts effectively help you achieve deeper, more restful REM cycles when you lay your head to rest.
As you might imagine by now, customised golf tours in Australia are becoming increasingly popular in today’s day and age, but it’s important to understand exactly how to go about scheduling your very own outing, especially if you’ve never worked with a golf travel specialist in the past.
Fortunately, this brief article will detail the ins and outs of the process by way of a step-by-step guide.
Step One – Reach Out to a Reputable Golf Travel Agency
First things first, you’ll want to ensure that you’re working with a renowned, professional travel specialist that focuses on establishing all-inclusive golf excursions with the following background:
- 20 years of experience in the golf travel industry
- Licensed travel agent (look for a TTA number at the bottom of the webpage)
- Accredited by the Global Golf Tourism Organisation (IAGTO)
- Participant in the Travel Compensation Fund
- Uses the comprehensive TourWriter operator software to establish programmes
Step Two – Choose from a Myriad of Destinations
Regardless of whether you wish to golf in Australia or elsewhere, you’ll want to work hand-in-hand with your travel agent to pick the perfect destination for your golf tour, some of which listed below:
- New Zealand
- Various Australian packages throughout the country
- …and many more
Step Three – Establish the Perfect Itinerary
The last step will involve creating the ideal programme for you and your travel group, which can include the following:
- Multiple evenings of golfing on various locally renowned courses (based on your specific destination)
- Inclusive hotel and resort reservations
- Wine tours, premium dining, luxury cruises, and prescheduled local events
- Private transfers to and from the airport, hotel, golf courses, and any other attractions
- 24-hour assistance during your journey
Before you know it, you’ll be counting down the days to the adventure of a lifetime!