Adelaide should always be on your list of places to see when visiting Australia. If you’re planning a springtime road trip in a camper hire, there is no doubt that you should visit Adelaide, because it’s especially beautiful during this time of year.
There are many, many reasons why we think that you should visit Adelaide in the spring in a camper hire. First of all, the weather is amazing, so you can truly take advantage of being outside. Being outside is a must when visiting Adelaide. You’re also going to want to enjoy activities that are better done when the weather is clear, so visiting in the spring will help you to be able to do just that.
It always helps to know what other people enjoy about a city. To help you out with your planning, here are some of our favorite things to do in Adelaide when the weather is nice and the flowers are in full bloom:
- Go visit Barossa Valley for a day or two when you get to Adelaide. Only about 60 kilometres away from Adelaide, it’s easy to get to and enjoy some of the best wines in Australia. Because you’ll be sipping on plenty of tasty glasses of Shiraz and Chardonnay, avoid driving under the influence and take full advantage by staying in Barossa Valley—at least for a night. Wake up to gourmet food and consider going on one of the local walks to explore the local nature attractions—that is if you’re not too hungover.
- Join in on the fun by joining the City Bay Fun Run. When the weather is nice, it’s so much easier to race. It’s not a hardcore marathon, so you don’t have to worry if you’re not a die-hard athlete. While some athletes join for a 12km challenge, there are options to only run 6km and 3km. It’s a great way to do something different in the spring while visiting Adelaide.
- If you want to enjoy some time in nature while in Adelaide, go to Cleland Conservation Park. There, you’ll find plenty of beautiful views, as well as waterfalls to admire. The walk is through a forest and leads to Mount Lofty Summit. If you’re a cycling enthusiast, you can also mountain bike on some of the trails in the park. With such beautiful weather in Adelaide in the spring, why not take advantage and spend some time outdoors?
- Don’t hesitate to visit food and wine festivals. Spring is always a great time to visit food festivals. From great options like CheeseFest to the National Wine Centre Champagne Fest, the festivals that take place in the spring in Adelaide are the best. Because Adelaide is near to one of the nation’s best spots for wine and gourmet food, you can expect the local delights to be incredible.
- Visit the best museum ever. I’m not much of a museum-goer but even I would suggest a visit to the SA museum. There, you can see models of animals like an 11 metre-long giant squid. You can also see bones of all kinds of animals. The museum also has a great interactive gallery, making it an ideal option to visit with your kids. You can rest assured that it will be entertaining for everyone.
- Get outdoors and go to Elder Park. Can we emphasize enough how important it is to enjoy being outside during the spring in Adelaide? If we haven’t; here we go again. Go to Elder Park and enjoy the fresh air while exploring on paddle boats or simply have a picnic on the grass hills. Whatever you do in Elder Park will be great if you’re a fan of good weather and a pleasant atmosphere.
- Visit weekend markets. We love going to the local markets on the weekend—especially in the spring time. With such clear and beautiful weather, it’s the perfect time to go shopping for souvenirs or goodies to eat back home. From jewellery to drinks and snacks, there is something for every type of shopper.
If you want to see the best of Australia and be able to enjoy being outdoors, we think it’s a good idea to visit in the spring. With the blooming flowers and fresh weather, you can expect an enjoyable time visiting your favorite places in the country.
Adelaide is a lovely spot to visit. It’s laid back but still fun enough to enjoy a few days or more visiting. With Barossa Valley nearby, it’s also a favorite destination for many. You can expect the small-city charm while still being able to enjoy plenty of fun activities, especially in the spring.
Pack up your camper hire and head to Adelaide, ready to enjoy everything from festivals to good food and wine. We promise that it won’t disappoint.